THE FUTURE TAX AGENT
2018 FEDERAL BUDGET
SINGLE TOUCH PAYROL
Compulsory from 1st JULY 2018
2017 FEDERAL BUDGET
2016 FEDERAL BUDGET
The budget handed down by the current government proves to be voter friendly by offering tax cuts for middle income earners and incorporated small business. Superannuation for the wealthy has been hit with some tax increases. Overall a decent effort.
Are you Superstream Ready?
Malicious phone scam targets taxpayers
27 June 2014
The ATO is warning Australians to be on the lookout for a malicious scam that intimidates taxpayers into paying a fake tax debt over the phone.
“This scam is particularly concerning because it threatens taxpayers with legal action or arrest if they do not immediately hand over money and their personal financial details over the phone,” said ATO Chief Technology Officer Todd Heather. “As tax time approaches, scammers are becoming more cunning in their attempts to defraud the public and trick them into handing over money, their TFN or other personal information. “We encourage people to contact us if they are worried they may have fallen victim to a scam call, email, SMS or a face-to-face scam,” Mr Heather said. From time-to-time the ATO will send taxpayers emails, SMS messages or official social media updates alerting them to new services. ATO messages will never request personal or financial information by SMS or email. If people think they may have fallen victim to a phone scam, contact the ATO on 1800 060 062 (8.00am–6.00pm, Monday to Friday).
Information on online security and scams can be found on the ATO.
2014 BUDGET REVIEW for Businesses
Industry initiatives include:
– Government maintains its commitment to cutting the company tax rate by 1.5 percentage points from July 1, 2015
– $200m added to the Export Finance and Insurance Corporation’s capital base
– $50m added to the Export Market Development Grants program that helps SMEs access export markets
– $50m for the Manufacturing Transition Grants Programme to help businessess move into into new industries
– $155m fund to regions hit by the closure
– $484.2m Entrepreneurs’ Infrastructure Programme to help SMEs access federal programs